Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sharing...


Assignment #1: Look back through your life to discover and distinguish your "strong suits":
  • Independent
  • Friendly
  • Responsible

Assignment #3: Write a letter to someone with whom you have been inauthentic or are incomplete with. Share with them the possibility you have invented for yourself and your life.


Dear Yshaito,


I regret that I wasn't completely honest with you. I would like you to know that after spending an amazing weekend I started to have feelings towards you and I got really scared. I was scared of feeling something that you were not, and therefore I was affraid of being rejected and vulnerable. Instead I created in my mind a story, an interpretation of what happened since you were here, in which you lost interest in me.

I also kept repeating me a story I was told about you. In the summer a mutual friend told me that you are the kind of guy who gets really excited about someone and suddenly loose interest. After 6 months, when you started to show interest in me I was just waiting for the moment in which you would loose it. I'm not sure if you notice it but I have been playing games, making sure I don't show interest or look vulnerable.

In the meantime I want to express to you openly that I really like you, that I enjoyed your company and talking to you. I know that we don't know each other that well but I would like to get to know you better because I found you special, I admire the fact that you are open and ask for what you want and I like the way I feel when I'm with you.

I have invented the possibility of being truth to myself and that's why I want to start being open and corageous enough to say how I feel withouth letting my fears (which I still have) get on the way of being authentic.*

*Disclaimer: This was just an assignment and this letter will not be read by the person who inspired me to write it.

7 comments:

Javo said...

vivir sin miedos es vivir con libertad.

Harry Papaley said...

vientos por la sinceridad y el valor!

pez said...

Charline, mándame tu foto, porque Cyndy nunca me la envió

Anonymous said...

esos si son pantaloncitos!
Te extranoooooooooooooo!
no se vale que sea...

betsyta said...

very powerful! I admire your fearless sincerity :-)

Saludos!

Sasy said...

es dificil no tenerle miedo a lo que nos hace sentir alguien que nos gusta, pero es mas dificil reconocerlo y sobre todo decirlo en voz alta.

saludos

Miss Neumann said...

amiga... te aplaudo!!!! y de pie!

besos