Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life...


"G-d determines who walks into your life...It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go"

For some reason in the last week or so I have seen this phrase several times. I believe in signs and the universe talking to us, therefore I finally gave in and reflect.

Lots of people have walked into my life in the last years. I have decided to let walk away those people that have no impact in my life, that don't inspire me, or that for some reason pull energy out of me.

On the contrary I let stay and am surrounded by great friends. People with great energy, people that have so much to give and share. I have learned from them and growth through them. They fulfill my life with love and care. I would do anything for them and I feel they are there for me. I can include some members of my family in this category.

I have refuse to let go all those people that touched my life and are not part of it anymore. My first love, my first husband, all those people that I grew up with and hold dearly in my heart. I think of them. I care about them. They are part of my history, of who I am, therefore they are part of me.

But there is another category that is not mentioned in that phrase. What do I do with those people that I don't want in my life? How do I get ride of them? If they have hurt me, if they at least try to hurt me... how do I remove them, erase them from my life, stop thinking about them?

I know the answer, but I'm refused to hear it... yes, it's forgiveness. Once I forgive them, I'll love them again.

A few days ago I promised I will forgive. Others and myself. Others, for telling me they had feelings for me when they don't. Me, for wanting it to be real, when I knew it was not. Me, for feeling the need to be special for someone that is special for me. Me, for feeling the need to be loved. Me, for making a fool of myself.

I give thanks to G-d (or whatever you want to call it) for everything and everyone I had, have and will have in my life. And for giving me the capability to forgive, as I have had it in the past.

5 comments:

Harry Papaley said...

sin duda, el no perdonar es uno de los mas grandes obstaculos para seguir adelante en cualquier ambito de las relaciones humanas

Anonymous said...

Darling,

Forgiving is not an easy thing to do. It takes a great soul to be able to forgive. That's why the average person does not do it. It is much easier to hold on to your negative feelings, and that is what most of us do.

When something hurts you, just let go. You don't have to let go on those people, you have to let go on the pain they cause you. Don't let their words and their actions affect you. Do not let your happiness to be determined by what they do or don't do.

I know...it si easier said than done, but it is possible.

I can tell that you are in a process of growth, and growing is always painful... but beneficial. You are on the righ track, my dear. Forgiving benefits you more than anyone else.

Hang in there!

A big hug for you :D

Miss Neumann said...

yo te amo y doy gracias a dios por haberte colocado en mi vida... eres y serás parte de ella por siempre!

Perdonar, yo creo que es lo más dificil para el ser humano, no hay nada más dificil pero muchas veces no hay nada que nos de mayor satisfacción que perdonar!

Love you

La Chula said...

Firstofol yo te perdono mi vida por todo lo que quieras, siempre te perdonare y me perdonaras.

Los que llegan a nuestra vida, se sientan agusto en tu sillon favo, suben las patas a la mesa, se aprovechan de tu refri, te piden dinero prestado simplemete no hay que dejarlos entrar, meaning entrar a tu corazon, decirte cosas bonitas, llamarte cada noche, venir a visitarte, invitarte a la boda de tu mejor amigo, decirte que te quieren y despues no mover un dedo por ello.

en estos cason no hay perdonar o no, los echos son los que hablan.

No se vale que sea lunes martes miercoles jueves viernes sabado donimgo desde el 25 de julio

Sasy said...

es bastante dificil saber perdonar... aun no he aprendido, pero se que es necesario para avanzar y para, como tu dices, dejar ir a esas personas que nos hacen daño, pero por alguna u otra razon, queremos seguir sin perdonar..no crees?