Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ain't Easy!


Ain’t Easy. Exercising leadership, bringing up change, getting to the top, and I bet being on the top is even more difficult.

Studying all sort of theories behind authority (formal and informal), power, change, organizational behavior for two years, brought so much hope. Hope for a future where my life could be one that would count. A dream of “making a difference” could come true. A difference defined by bringing “change” into people’s lives. Therefore, “learning” how to carry out change was most important.

After putting in practice all my learning for the last three weeks and not accomplishing change, my entire body, mind and spirit is feeling exhausted, defeated and discouraged.

Wondering if Martin Luther King, Rabin, Golda Meir, Obama and all those leaders ever felt this way. Although my predicament might not be as challenging, is feeling very real, big and overwhelming.

Have I learned anything? Will I take away any lessons? So far, the biggest lesson is the realization that exercising leadership, bringing up change and getting to the top… definitely ain’t easy!

No comments: